Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bright Lights, Big City

I created a layout for my heritage album for my Mom's trip to the city when she was a teen. She went to the city that was 100 miles away (a far piece in those days!) for an FHA conference. The town that we live in at that time had a population of probably around 3500 so for them to get to go to the capitol city was a big deal for the farm girls! I love this picture as much for the background as the ladies that are in it. It was Mom and her best friends that she's still friends with to this day. I'm really loving the Nifty Fifties for some of the pages I'm putting together from this time in Mom and Dad's life.


I can't wait to get to work on my layout with my Daddy and this convertible that I made from the same cartridge! Be watching for it. I'm not sure when I'll find the perfect picture, but I know that I will!



3 comments:

  1. New follower. Thanks for stopping by Deezy Does It! Hope you come back every Friday to link up and have your chance at the give-a-way.
    xx xo
    Deezy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I LOVE the Nifty Fifties cart! I just made a small car like this for a friend's birthday card. Getting ready to take a photo so I can upload it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I did see yours and I love the red on the car! Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete