Friday, March 15, 2013

You have to love having machines that do so much work at the push of a button and a little design work. Addy's birthday in February is a prime example! We usually have her party here at our house and this year was no exception. I always make her cake of some sort and since we do a family party we have a meal on top of it all. This year her party was at 3 pm and I had made her purple cupcakes, was cleaning and cooking and thinking how great it was that I had everything almost done with several hours to spare! Then I realized that we were having a party and there was no decorations!!! I quickly realized that I could cut pennant shapes with my E2 and print the letters with my Imagine. She had asked for chickens (real ones) for her birthday and so I decided to make her a chick birthday card and a cake topper for her large cupcake cake. It took about an hour, but we had decorations!!
I printed this from the Imagine More cards cartridge on a pre made card and used a Tim Holtz pink Distress Ink Pad to ink the edges. I tied some pink ribbon around it and it was done!
I printed the same image about 6 inches to make the cake topper. I adhered to a straw and inserted it into the top of the cupcake.
Addy loved it and I was happy with the results!
Addy's chickens! Yep, we're chicken farmers now!!




No comments:

Post a Comment