Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Joy= it doesn't just have to be for Christmas! I still have this up on my door in the living room. I guess that I should take it down- but it just says Joy. I have Joy every day, not just during the Christmas season. This was a breeze to make! I took some foamboard that I had left from mounting pictures and used my Cricut E2 to cut the letters. I went into Craft Room (CCR for future reference) and used the Cricut alphabet that is preloaded into the E2 and chose complimentary patterened paper. Any alphabet cartridge will do as long as it will make a good size letter.. I did a fill to page and cut on a 12x12 mat. I then used the letter for a template and traced it onto the foamboard. Using an exacto knife I carefully cut out each letter. I then inked the edges with some Tim Holtz Distress ink in Walnut Stain. I used my glue tape gun- I swear that tape holds anything- and glued the paper onto each letter. I put the J and the Y on the bottom and taped the O on top. Using some spare ribbon that I had laying around I looped it around the O and tied a pretty bow. An awesome project that took less than an hour to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment