Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I took a Break! :)

I took a very long break from blogging. It was a busy spring/summer and blogging just hasn't been in my plans. Now that fall is just around the corner and life seems a little bit more normal, maybe I can get back on track.

Now for the purpose of this post!! I've spent part of my summer canning. Jams. jellies, tomato juice, whatever was available for me to preserve! But along with fresh produce comes gnats and fruit flies. It seems like once they invade your house they're here to stay until cold weather. I read about this tip on Facebook and I didn't save it to my wall or pin it. But luckily it's easy enough to remember!


Here's how to get rid of gnats, or at least a lot of them without bug spray that can contaminate your food and it's cheap enough to do every day until they're gone.

Use a small dish and fill it about halfway with apple cider vinegar. Then add a few drops of Dawn \dish soap. Stir it in and sit it on the counter and wait! The vinegar draws them in and the dish soap weighs them down and drowns them. You'll probably want to change this out daily to get rid of the gnats that's accumulated.


This picture was made about an hour after I had sat my bowl out and more was buzzing around. This morning there was more in it and it looked pretty nasty. So I changed it out and started a new round!




No comments:

Post a Comment